arrow_back Return

Scheduling teams in rotations/Scheduling in general

October 21, 2023
I was curious to hear from others who actually use Planning for scheduling: what is your workflow? How do you incorporate it?

I am looking at trying it out for our AV teams, but it still seems incredibly limited in the tests I have done. Is there an easy way to set a rotation? Current I have two teams of 4 and one team of three, and I schedule using a spreadsheet (so I can continue the pattern). I would really like to move over, but if it will require me to manually insert people for every service rather than prefilling with a rotation to start, that would add a lot of unneeded work to utilize it.

I look forward to hearing! Thank you
Posted by Webster
October 25, 2023
If you open up a service in Planning, you'll see a Clone option at the top. You can clone services like a template, with the additional option to copy over scheduled people as well.
Posted by WorshipTools
October 26, 2023
So I did discover this, and it helps a bit. However cloning services are only really efficient if you have teams with and equal number of members. Essentially with cloning I'll still have to go through separately and individually change the one team week by week. (E.g. if you have all teams of 4, you only need to do 4 weeks and then you have a cycle to clone. If you have 3 and 4, you need to do 12 weeks before the cycle would repeat and be cloneable).

Thank you for your reply though. This might be a niche thing (though that would surprise me a bit). I'll repost it in suggestions for a team cycle scheduling feature be added to quickly fill/autocomplete an individual team.
Posted by Webster
January 3, 2024
I second the Clone feature suggestion, but since in my case the teams are never the same, I don't have the same issue as you. What occurred to me is that maybe the Schedule Matrix view could be helpful. This way you wouldn't get rid of a few manual changes, but they would be centralised in a single page.

Happy scheduling!
Posted by Carlos Eduardo
Login to post a comment