arrow_back Return

Slide Animations In Powerpoint

October 26, 2023
Does anyone know how to insert a PowerPoint into Presenter so that the Slide Animations in PowerPoint will still run ?
Posted by Gerwyn
November 3, 2023
When you add a PowerPoint file to the Presenter Media library, it makes a jpg of each slide. So there are no animations, slides transitions or videos. Fortunately, there is a simple work-around - you just have to change one parameter when you add the PowerPoint to the order of service.
When you choose the presentation to add to the service, there is an option 'View Presentation with:' The default is Presenter, but you can select Microsoft PowerPoint (Windows only). This option is roughly in the middle of the screen
If you select that option, when you reach the PowerPoint in your cue list, PowerPoint will open in the background and display the slides as it would in native PowerPoint. But it is controlled from within Presenter.
Unfortunately, I cannot find any mention of this in the documentation or video tutorials, but it is fairly obvious once you know to look for it.
Posted by Paul
November 4, 2023
Thank you so much Paul that is really helpful
Posted by Gerwyn
May 10, 2024
and the same principle seems to apply if your expecting embedded video/music to work through PP. It must be in PP mode, but then this gets quite confusing having so many apps open, which is the whole point of using this Presenter software. Hope they figure out a better flow soon than this clumsy workaround.
Posted by Nick
May 18, 2024
When you save your PP, save it as an mpeg and all animations will stay. That’s what I do with mine and it seems to work fine.
Posted by carla
May 19, 2024
Thanks both for the above !
Posted by Gerwyn
June 3, 2024
I've tried Paul's workaround but the slides do not seem to be controlled from Presenter. Rather this opens up Powerpoint Presenter view over the top of WorshipTools Presenter. Unfortunately, the focus of the keyboard is not in the right window so pressing the arrow keys or using a remote clicker has no effect until you click at a suitable place in the PowerPoint window. Other than that it works ok but you need to then close PowerPoint to go back to Presenter and carry on with the service.

Maybe I need to turn off presenter mode in PowerPoint but I'm unable to do that at the moment because I don't seem to have a valid licence any more.
Posted by Carl
Login to post a comment