arrow_back Return

Missing option to transpose key

September 26, 2023
I’m new to Music Stand and I started off borrowing somebody else’s iPad the first time.

It worked well, and I was able to use the option to transpose to the key I needed easily.

I have since got it installed on my own iPad, and the very same song does not have the option to transpose the key. That option seems to be missing entirely.

If I tap on the song title, the only items in the menu are: Lead Sheet, Capo, Octave Shift.

I’m sure that’s where I saw the Key option on the other iPad (for the same song), and the documentation indicates that it should be there.

How can I get the option to transpose to a different key in Music Stand when it is missing from the song-title menu?
Posted by Nik
September 26, 2023
PS. If I tap on Lead Sheet (to select the source) it says “All Keys” next to Lead Sheet (as well as next to the other options).

I’m not sure what this means, but I’m guessing that it means it should be available in any key.
Posted by Nik
September 26, 2023
PPS. This song is from SongSelect. It is not a PDF or anything I added to the system.

The same problem exists for all the SongSelect songs that I have looked at so far.
Posted by Nik
September 27, 2023
Hi Nik, you won't see the Key setting unless you are an Editor or higher because it's a setting that affects the entire team. Capo does the same thing but is an individual setting that will not affect others on the team. Please use Capo for your key changes.
Posted by WorshipTools
September 27, 2023
Thanks for the reply. As far as I know, changing the key (on the borrowed iPad) didn’t affect everyone else in the rehearsal the other day (at least they didn’t complain that their key kept changing). But maybe that may be due to some other configuration issues (eg songs were already loaded on everyone’s device before I changed the key).

The ‘Capo’ setting doesn’t do quite the same thing. (Ie, I can’t explicitly pick the key I want from a list of keys). But once I get used to it, I can see that it could be used as a work-around. I think it will do the trick.

Thanks again.
Posted by Nik
Login to post a comment