arrow_back Return

System for posting Alerts

Related Threads
Alert Duration
By: Greg Latest post: October 2, 2022
October 5, 2022
It would be great to have more of a workflow for Alerts.

I'm guessing that in most churches they are used to call parents out of a meeting if there is an issue with their child. Practically this currently needs the children's worker to use another communication method to contact the AV team, get the message through to the person running Presenter, then for them to put the message on the screens. This can be a bit hit-or-miss if they are no checking WhatsApp on their phones for instance. It would be great to collaborate within the suite to pass on the message.

I think the Presenter operator should be the person who authorises what appears on the screens, but it would be great to have a cut down app than allows another user to create an alert message (using an existing alert template) and set a priority on it (maybe just an URGENT flag?). This could appear on the Presenter app as an alert message request, showing who had made the request and at what time. It should be simple for the Presenter operator to then enable the message (preferably with a preset timeout that could be altered so they don't need to remember to remove it e.g. after 3mins).

Another great option would be to flash the text on and off, so it is more visible for the most urgent messages. Again, I would put this option in the hands of the Presenter operator at the point they make the alert visible.
Posted by Simon
Login to post a comment