arrow_back Return

Issues after recent Presenter software update

September 1, 2023
We are running Presenter on 64-bit Chromebook and other than taking 5 minutes to open, everything was working fine. After the most recent software update, we are no longer able to share the screen we want to cast to.
Before, Presenter would bring up a window which said "Drag to screen you want to share and click OK" (or something to that effect); we could drag the window from the Presenter screen to the monitor we wanted to 'share', click ok and everything would work. Now, after update, there is no screen to drag and we are unable to share the proper screen. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions of how to proceed?
Thanks
Posted by SUCC
September 2, 2023
After several hours of working on this problem, one of our team discovered the fix:
First, cast the screen from Chromebook & select the screen to share from the pop up window. (At this point, normally, we had been starting the Presenter program from the Chromebook task bar on the bottom of the Chromebook screen) Now, start Presenter FROM THE SHARED SCREEN task bar....once Presenter is up and running, THEN drag the Presenter window from the shared screen BACK TO the Chromebook....it now works properly.
I just wonder why the tech guys @ Presenter didn't inform us of this; I really appreciate this software for our church, but not all of us are computer wizards like you guys.
Posted by SUCC
September 7, 2023
I would assume that this wasn't a change on Presenter's side of things, so blaming them for the issue shouldn't happen. Most likely Google changed how Chromebooks are doing multiple displays.
Posted by Jake
November 4, 2023
Presenter fails to open on my Chrome OS after installing it. It just sits there and does nothing. I've uninstalled my Linux environment, power washed my whole system, and still I don't know what to do.
Posted by Larry
December 19, 2023
I am having similar issues. After reinstalling Presenter to my Chromebook as directed on the WorshipTools site, when I click on it to open, it just spins and spins and never starts.
Posted by Bob
December 19, 2023
Bob I still have not found a fix. If you do please post and let me know what it is. Thanks and God bless you brother.
Posted by Larry
February 21, 2024
Any more progress on this?
Posted by Bob
February 22, 2024
No Bob I never found a fix. My church opted to get me a new Windows laptop.
Posted by Larry
Login to post a comment