arrow_back Return

Custom/editable template for Service Plan print output

Related Threads
More options for printing the service
By: Greg Latest post: January 21, 2023
July 26, 2022
When printing a service plan, there is no currently only a single preset template which can't be customised (other than the options of showing or hiding notes and roles).
I would really appreciate if it was possible to edit the Print template somehow so that it could be formatted for different purposes. For example, the ability to print out a setlist in larger bold font that only includes the song title and key is useful for musos to have on the stage floor (like many bands use in their gigs).

I'm sure the PDF print page is constructed using some kind of tags, markup and css. What if that could be opened up to creating multiple templates that could be selectable and editable by admin users?

As a former user of Planning Center Online (sorry to name drop the competition) I was able to create output templates that suited our purpose, showing only the information I needed and formatting it appropriately for our use. PCO uses a templating system with field data tags and header CSS that enables various kinds of data to be inserted in the template. I am certain that is how the current PRINT template is already being generated, but I am wondering about opening that up for customisation and the possibility of selecting a template to generate the Print PDF output.

Thanks,
Dave Dennis
Posted by David
Login to post a comment