arrow_back Return

Song "Arrangements"

January 31, 2023
I am fairly new to Planning, but I can't seem to find this feature that I see in Planning Center. I'd like the ability to have different song "arrangements". For example, maybe I want to do the All Sons and Daughters version of "All the Poor and Powerless" and have the chart and mp3 there, but also want to see the Digital Age version with the mp3 and chart. But I'd like to see it all under "All the Poor and Powerless".

Is this possible? Or what is the workaround?
Posted by Dan
February 3, 2023
There is no problem having multiple versions of a song in a database. I have the opposite problem to you - users have added songs that already exist, so I finish up with real duplicates! I therefore spend quite a bit of my time pruning out the duplicates.
The advice I would give is to ensure that each version of the song has a distinctive title, such as "All the Poor and Powerless - Sons and Daughters" and "All the Poor and Powerless - Digital Age". That way, you and your users will be able to insert the one they want into the order of service without having to open it up and check.
Posted by Paul
Login to post a comment