arrow_back Return
Already Possible

Add personal MP3 files as a Media option in the Song Viewer

September 16, 2022
Hey there!!!
Firstly God bless you guys for creating this amazing resource!

There are many of us doing ministry who are using this tri-software in Churches & Ministries that write music! And of course, it is possible to create personal chord charts. But it isn’t possible to upload any original recordings/media for the band to have just as conveniently. There are only the Apple Music, Spotify, and YouTube options. This was a huge change in our workflow when we switched over from OnSong which has the ability to attach personal MP3 files. This would be huge for many people I think!
Additionally this would be extremely powerful even for when not doing an original song because us music directors could upload our purchased Click Tracks of songs with custom arrangements, instead of just a finite version on Spotify that may not be how we are doing the song or even the key we are doing the song. This would also allow our musicians to get used to following the vocal cues and practicing with a click. The whole shabang haha!

Anyway just for your consideration! This is still a huge step up from the OnSong experience and I know ya’ll must be up to your necks in implementing all the features found in other softwares. Hope this one makes it to someone’s desk 😂

Blessings!!
Posted by Alex
September 16, 2022
Hi Alex, thanks for the suggestion!
This is already possible through the Planning app - open the song, "Edit" the song, and click "Manage Media." You'll see a spot to upload .mp3s. Once it's uploaded and saved to the song, you'll be able to play it from the Planning Rehearse page and in Music Stand.
Posted by WorshipTools
September 16, 2022
Hey wow!! I didn’t even realize!

So “opening the song”, after selection an event… is that done though the “Order” tab or the “Rehearse” tab? I can’t seem to find the edit button for a song
Posted by Alex
September 16, 2022
It sounds like you are viewing songs in the context of a specific service. From the "Rehearse" tab, you could tap the song title at the top of the chord chart and click "Edit Song."

There is a separate section of Planning dedicated to your Song Library. On the web version, it should be on the left menu. On the mobile app, click the music note icon at the bottom.
Posted by WorshipTools
Login to post a comment