arrow_back Return

Fire Tablet Apps

September 7, 2022
It would be amazing to have planning and music stand available for fire tablets. Also the remote presenter app would be awesome too. There’s a lot of small churches like mine that would have a much easier time getting fire tablets than iPads or android tablets. I know fire OS is based off android so maybe it’s something that would be relatively easy to implement? Thanks for your amazing worship tools!
Posted by Phil
February 4, 2023
I too would like to have the Planner and Remote Presenter apps on my Kindle Fire. I've not done any Android/Kindle development myself; are any specific changes needed to Android apps for the Fire devices? Or is it just a case of supporting the relevant screen resolution(s), and submitting it to Amazon's app store and not just the Google Play one?
Posted by Andy
February 27, 2023
I'll third this! We have Kindle Fire tablets on stage that we've used Planning Center's Music Stand app on for years. I didn't realize until this week (when I am making the switch from PC to Planning) that the Planning Music Stand app isn't available on the Kindle! So sad! I know we can use the web browser, but the app would be much more convenient for logging in for multiple users.
Posted by Dan
August 28, 2023
I've side-loaded the app successfully on my Kindle Fire devices without issue. They are just Android after all
Posted by Paul
April 5, 2024
What do you mean side-loaded...can you explain that. I would love to do that for mine
Posted by Jennifer
April 7, 2024
side loading is installing an app outside of the google play store (so it comes with risks like malware) You have to source the app installation file (apk) yourself.
Posted by Matthew
April 7, 2024
Alternatively you can install the google play store using this method. Then install charts like normal.
https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-your-amazon-fire-tablet/
Posted by Matthew
Login to post a comment