arrow_back Return
Completed

Song access without a setlist

Related Threads
Browsing sheet music in the whole library, without a scheduled service
By: Simon Latest post: September 7, 2023
March 1, 2023
Is there any future plan (or current way that I'm missing) to have access to our own library of songs in Music Stand that are NOT added into a setlist?

I'm trying to get my entire worship team transitioned over to digital charts, and the seeming lack of this feature is EXTREMELY limiting. (Unless I am missing something?) The only access to our song library that I can find in Music Stand is through the Song Library search - which would be great, but it only shows song info (title, author, etc), with no access to the chord chart! And the only work-around that has been suggested to me is to put ALL of our songs into a All Songs setlist, which is an un-workable solution because to view that list the app loads them ALL at once (too many, bogs down).

Without access to our library in Music Stand, I can't call up a song on-the-fly during worship(?) - even though we have a digital library of all of our charts that COULD be right there at our fingertips. Not only would this be useful for worship services that are pre-planned, but also for the planning process (worship leader, browsing & playing through songs), as well as spontaneous worship gatherings, small groups, etc. (24 hour revival gatherings come to mind here).

To be clear, I'd love to see: 1) access to chord charts via the Song Library search function, and 2) a browse-able song library list (similar to Planning, but in Music Stand) that brings up normal full-size performance mode charts.

Surely there is a way to make our songs more immediately accessible that can be worked out within the Worship Tools system. From my perspective this is a major limiting factor, that could instead add a HUGE amount of functionality & flexibility to the app.
Posted by Paul
September 6, 2023
This feature is now available. Please update to the latest version of Music Stand.
You can access your Song Library by tapping the three dots in the upper right corner of your Music Stand homepage.
Posted by WorshipTools
Login to post a comment