arrow_back Return

Add a setting to Music Stand for a default Transpose Interval

October 23, 2023
As my question on this issue received no answers, I'm guessing that it's not currently possible, so I'm re-posting this as a feature request (see: https://www.worshiptools.com/help/thread/6202318152269824 )

My instrument (alto sax) is not in concert pitch (C), but is in E-flat. Of course several other instruments are in various other keys. This means that EVERY song I get in Music Stand is in the wrong key for my instrument, and I have to manually select 'Capo 3' for every song to see it in the right key (even though I don't use a capo on my saxophone ;-) ).

Could we please get an option in Music Stand's settings for a "Default Transpose Interval" (eg, 3 semi-tones) so that every time I view a new song in Music Stand, it is automatically in the right key for me to be able to play along with the rest of the group?

Alternatively, such a setting could be labelled as an "Default Instrument Key" (eg, E-flat) instead of a setting for the default transpose interval (eg, 3).

Personally, I would prefer if the setting was NOT labelled as a default capo setting, as that's misleading due to being guitar-specific and this setting is not likely to be relevant to guitar players (as I said earlier, I don't use a capo on my saxophone, but currently the only way to get the sheet music in the right key in Music Stand is to manually set the capo setting to 3 for each song).
Posted by Nik
Login to post a comment